We also invite all DLANC candidates to attend our meeting and introduce themselves - you will get a couple of minutes to share your vision for Downtown Los Angeles. Check out our complete agenda. See you there!
Monday, May 24 from 6:30pm-7:45pm
Central Public Library, Meeting Room A
- Welcome and introductions.
- Review and approval of meeting minutes from the May 2010 regular meeting.
- Announcements: Neighborhood Council Elections are June 25. Candidates are welcome to introduce themselves to the Sustainability Committee. Any other public announcements?
- Committee Budget for 2010-2011: We have to develop our proposal for the next annual budget. We are hoping the Neighborhood Council will still have the $45,000 as we did last year. Last year's budget allocation was $6,000.
- Sustainable Community Projects Internship: We are proposing a second internship for this summer to continue to develop our outreach capacity and internal organization. Tamara to present the job description for approval and posting.
- Green Space & The Harlem Place Project: Update on the May 3 presentation to the community and next steps.
- Green Space & The Urban Garden Guide: We have a launch! We need a volunteer to help us coordinate the translation.
- Green Space & Tree Planting Guide: We have a launch! Gunnar to present guide.
- Green Space & Green Pockets: Discuss potential partnership with the Downtown Los Angeles Youth & Cultural Center to help them build a more sustainable parking lot. We would like to help them identify resources and partners to do something better than an asphalt surface lot as their primary revenue generator and would like to include this project as an extension of the Green Pockets initiative.
- Mobility: Pedestrian Cross-Walks: Community members are invited to bring a few ideas of where we should target a corridor of mid-block crosswalks. Current suggestions include: Broadway, Spring Street & Main Street.
- Sustainability Committee office hours are designated opportunities to work on projects for the community. Next office hours are Monday, June 14 from 6:30pm-8:30pm. Come visit!