When: Tuesday, February 2, 2009, 6:30-7:50pm
Where: Central Public Library, Meeting Room A (630 W. 5th Street)
2. Introductions (5 minutes).
3. Public Comment on Non-agenda items including community announcements (3 minutes).
4. Review meeting minutes from the December 2010 and January 2010 meeting. Action Item: Approve minutes SC-17-091201 and SC-19-100105 (all meeting attendees - 3 minutes).
5. Continuing education and outreach report (10 minutes). Committee represented at CITYLabs event (1/27/10). We need committee volunteers for upcoming outreach events (Green Block Party, 2010 Community Projects Workshop Scribe). We are also inviting committee members to bring a news item to the next committee meeting and suggest potential speakers.
6. Accessibility to wireless internet and potential “hot spots” Downtown. Committee to consider motion to support the creation of a pilot project to introduce free wireless Internet in Downtown.
7. Presentation of draft Urban Garden Guide by Sustainable Community Projects Intern (Mark Ross – 5 minutes). Guide will be translated into Spanish, Korean, and other languages pending committee recommendation.
8. Tree Planting Project (Gunnar). Motion to approve Wells Fargo grant application for tree maintenance.
9. 2010 Project Workshop: Overview of new meeting format and introduction of proposed 2010 Projects. (Tamara – 45 minutes).
a. Review proposed projects from workshop.
Energy/Water: Education and outreach for cleaner stormwater. Pet waste (dog walks) and business waste best practices.
Green business: Data gathering on what businesses need to be more “green”
Green space: Mapping and building small gardens around Downtown. Harlem Place Project. Tree Planting.
Mobility: Bike racks, pedestrian crosswalks, and CicLAvia
Waste/Recycling: Restaurant composting and multifamily recycling
b. Discuss additional project ideas (review December 2009 brainstorm list)
c. Discuss community partners, interested participants, and solicit volunteers
d. Next 2010 Community Projects Workshop (Saturday, February 27 10AM – Noon)
10. Agenda items for next meeting?
The public is requested to fill out a “Speaker Card” to address the DLANC SUSTAINABILITY Committee on any item of the agenda prior to the Committee taking action on an item. Comments from the public on agenda items will be heard only when the respective item is being considered. Comments from the public on other matters not appearing on the agenda that is within the Committee’s subject matter jurisdiction will be heard during the public comment period. Public comment is limited to 2 minutes per speaker, unless waived by the presiding officer of the Committee. As a covered entity under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of disability and upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation to ensure equal access to its programs, services, and activities. Sign language interpreters, assistive listening devices, or other auxiliary aids and/or services may be provided upon request. To ensure availability of services, please make your request at least 3 business days (72 hours) prior to the meeting you wish to attend by contacting Committee Board Chair Ashley Zarella at ashley.zarella@DLANC.com.
SI REQUIERE SERVICIOS DE TRADUCCION, FAVOR DE NOTIFICAR A LA OFICINA 3 dias de trabajo (72 horas) ANTES DEL EVENTO. SI NECESITA ASISTENCIA CON ESTA NOTIFICACION, POR FAVOR LLAME A NUESTRA OFICINA AL 323-224-2316.