When: Tuesday, January 5, 2009, 6:30-7:50pm
Where: Central Public Library, Meeting Room A (630 W. 5th Street)
HAPPY NEW YEAR
MEETING AGENDA SC-19-120109
2. Public Comment on Non-agenda items including community announcements (3 minutes).
3. Jonathan Parfrey, the director of Green LA Institute, will be presenting Ciclavia ("seek-low-VEE-uh") to the Sustainability Committee at our next meeting January 5. They are seeking the support of DLANC for an event downtown this year. PROS Committee is also interested in getting involved. Motion: Sustainability Committee to support Ciclavia in Downtown Los Angeles and encourage the participation of DLANC.
For more information, check out our website: http://www.downtownsustainability.com/2009/12/new-dlanc-event-for-2010-ciclovia-to-be.html
4. Review meeting minutes from the December meeting. Action Item: Approve minutes SC-17-091201 (all meeting attendees - 3 minutes). Available on our website www.downtownsustainability.com
5. The Sustainability Committee has two chair positions: the Board Chair and Public Vice-Chair. Currently, we are looking for interested community members to consider applying for the Public Vice-Chair position. Candidates to volunteer 10-12 hours/month (includes regular committee meetings and flexible office hours). Motion: Sustainability Committee to nominate new Public Vice-Chair for 2010.
a. AIA SDAT (Sustainable Design Assessment Team) Grant Update: There will be a presentation of the preliminary report to the DLANC Board on Tuesday, January 12. Sustainability Committee members are encouraged to attend!
b. Harlem Place Project: Bren Students are developing two “scenarios” to describe the potential impact of small-scale changes to a model Harlem Place. AECOM to provide pro bono design services for presentation to community. Next public meeting: February 2010.
c. Sustainable Community Projects Internship update. Marc Ross is working on a “how-to” pamphlet for ubran gardens and is researching possible sites for a community garden. Possible community partner: Skid Row Housing Trust.
7. 2010 Projects to be discussed. In light of our learnings from the 2009 Projects, we are empowering as many community projects within our mission. The list of ideas will be reviewed, discussed, and voted on. If you have a project idea, please attend! (45 minutes)
a. Committee mission: The Sustainability Committee is dedicated to empowering the downtown community to create a culture of sustainability. We will work with the community to increase accessibility to existing programs and services through outreach and public education. We will identify and create opportunities for new programming and partnerships to meet our goals for a more livable, affordable, and efficient urban center.
8. Upcoming events: (January 2010)
a. Jan. 4 (6:30-8:30pm) Sustainability Committee Office Hours – DLANC Office
b. Jan. 5 (6:30-7:45pm) Sustainability Committee Regular Meeting
c. Jan. 7 (6:00-8:30pm) Olympic-Grand Linear Park Workshop #1 – 1149 S. Broadway
d. Jan. 8: LA Bike Plan – Public Comments DUE TODAY
e. Jan. 9 (2:00-4:30pm) Olympic-Grand Linear Park Tour – Meet on Grand
f. Jan. 11 (6:30-8:30pm) Sustainability Committee Office Hours – DLANC Office
g. Jan. 12 (6:30-9:00pm) DLANC Board Meeting & SDAT Presentation – Los Angeles Theater
h. Jan. 13 (6:00-8:30pm) Olympic-Grand Linear Park Workshop #3 – 1149 S. Broadway
i. Jan. 18 (6:00-8:30pm) Olympic-Grand Linear Park Workshop #4 – 1149 S. Broadway
j. Jan. 22 (All Weekend) Go Green Expo (LA Convention Center)
k. Jan. 25 (6:30-8:30pm) Sustainability Committee Office Hours – DLANC Office
l. Jan. 30 (10am-6pm) Green Block Party #2 – Margo Street
9. Agenda items for next meeting?
The public is requested to fill out a “Speaker Card” to address the DLANC SUSTAINABILITY Committee on any item of the agenda prior to the Committee taking action on an item. Comments from the public on agenda items will be heard only when the respective item is being considered. Comments from the public on other matters not appearing on the agenda that is within the Committee’s subject matter jurisdiction will be heard during the public comment period. Public comment is limited to 2 minutes per speaker, unless waived by the presiding officer of the Committee. As a covered entity under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of disability and upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation to ensure equal access to its programs, services, and activities. Sign language interpreters, assistive listening devices, or other auxiliary aids and/or services may be provided upon request. To ensure availability of services, please make your request at least 3 business days (72 hours) prior to the meeting you wish to attend by contacting Committee Board Chair Ashley Zarella at ashley.zarella@DLANC.com.
SI REQUIERE SERVICIOS DE TRADUCCION, FAVOR DE NOTIFICAR A LA OFICINA 3 dias de trabajo (72 horas) ANTES DEL EVENTO. SI NECESITA ASISTENCIA CON ESTA NOTIFICACION, POR FAVOR LLAME A NUESTRA OFICINA AL 323-224-2316.