Sustainability Committee Meeting
Tuesday, March 2, 2010 6:30pm-7:45pm at the Central Public Library (Meeting Room A)
630 W. 5th Street
- Public Comment.
- Approve meeting minutes from February meeting.
- Neighborhood Council elections registration for candidates begins later this month. You are encouraged to sign-up as a candidate and run for a seat on the Board of Directors.
- Mobility and the Cyclists' Bill of Rights (see bikewriterscollective.com). Should DLANC adopt these guiding principles? Action to be considered to help create a more cyclist-friend Downtown.
- Mobility: Electric Community Car Share Program is a proposed plan to install electric car charging stations along Hollywood Blvd and advocate to create parking variance option for developers. Action to be determined.
- Mobility: Wireless Internet Accessibility project to help create free wireless hotspots throughout Downtown. Update on status.
- Green Space: Green Pockets Project to build small urban pocket gardens throughout the neighborhood has launched with two community information meetings and we are moving forward with planning for Big Sunday. To discuss a date for a survey day in March 2010 and introduce project team members. We need volunteers to help coordinate the first survey day.
- Green Space: Urban Garden Guide to be presented - it is a pamphlet with information about building your own urban garden guide. Action: Committee to consider reallocating funds to print brochure. Translation of text to come.
- Green Space: Tree Planting Project is ongoing with the Wells Fargo Foundation application submitted for maintenance funding for the Skid Row Pilot. Awaiting feedback.
- Green Living Education opportunity has been presented by Green Beacon, to potentially create a partnership with the Greater Echo Park Elysian Neighborhood Council. The goal is to develop green living education programming for Downtown Los Angeles. Will need volunteers to help coordinate.
- Sustainability Committee Chair office hours are designated opportunities to work on projects for the community. Come visit!
The public is requested to fill out a “Speaker Card” to address the DLANC SUSTAINABILITY Committee on any item of the agenda prior to the Committee taking action on an item. Comments from the public on agenda items will be heard only when the respective item is being considered. Comments from the public on other matters not appearing on the agenda that is within the Committee’s subject matter jurisdiction will be heard during the public comment period. Public comment is limited to 2 minutes per speaker, unless waived by the presiding officer of the Committee. As a covered entity under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of disability and upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation to ensure equal access to its programs, services, and activities. Sign language interpreters, assistive listening devices, or other auxiliary aids and/or services may be provided upon request. To ensure availability of services, please make your request at least 3 business days (72 hours) prior to the meeting you wish to attend by contacting Committee Board Chair Ashley Zarella at ashley.zarella@DLANC.com. SI REQUIERE SERVICIOS DE TRADUCCION, FAVOR DE NOTIFICAR A LA OFICINA 3 dias de trabajo (72 horas) ANTES DEL EVENTO. SI NECESITA ASISTENCIA CON ESTA NOTIFICACION, POR FAVOR LLAME A NUESTRA OFICINA AL 323-224-2316.