Tuesday, January 5, 2009, 6:30-7:50pm
Central Public Library, Meeting Room A (630 W. 5th Street)
Meeting Minutes SC-19-120109
2. Stanley Michaels commented that he enjoyed the December Special Meeting and would like to see a second Sustainability Committee meeting each month. Discussion deferred to later in the agenda.
3. Stuart Patterson invited our participation in upcoming LATC ArtWalk events now that the group is getting involved. Volunteered his services as a graphic designer.
4. Jonathan Parfrey presented CicLAvia – an event that will be coming to Los Angeles in 2010. They would like our involvement to help identify potential routes, plan the event itself and get involved to increase awareness about the need for a more walkable, bike-friendly cityscape. Motion to support the planning of CicLAvia passed. DLANC PROS committee also considering involvement.
5. Approval of December meeting minutes deferred to next month.
6. Motion to nominate Pamela Tuttle and Tamara Gishri as Public Vice-Chairs of the Sustainability Committee approved.
7. AIA SDAT presentation to be made to DLANC Board on January 12.
8. Harlem Place Project Update: Bren team has developed “scenarios” for Harlem Place and are working with AECOM to develop visuals for presentation to community.
9. Sustainable Community Projects Internship: Marc is now focused on developing a “Urban Garden Guide” and looking at developing a project for an actual community garden Downtown. Considering partnership with Skid Row Housing Trust.
10. 2010 Community Projects: Reviewed the original list of brainstormed ideas for projects from the December 2009 Special Meeting. A workshop format will be set-up organized around the major topics identified by the Committee: Mobility, Energy/Water, Waste/Recycling, Green Business and Green Space.