When: Monday, April 20, 2009, 6:30-8:00pm
Where: Downtown Los Angeles Neighborhood Council Office
(453 S. Spring Street, Suite 1020)
MEETING AGENDA SC-08-090420
2. Public Comment on Non-agenda items including community announcements (5 minutes).
3. Review meeting minutes from the February and March meetings (5 minutes). Action Item: Approve minutes (SC-06-090226) for the February 26, 2009 meeting and minutes (SC-07-031609) for the March 16, 2009 meeting (all meeting attendees).
4. New meeting schedule proposed (2 minutes): First Tuesday of the Month, Neighborhood Council Office, 453 S. Spring Street, Suite 1020. Motion to approve new meeting time and location.
5. Motion to approve thank you letter for Ardas Café (Business Director Jon Toktas) for hosting the Sustainability Committee in its infancy (3 minutes). Propose to continue to send community updates for the Ardas Café newsletter and propose future partnership.
6. Community Proposed Agenda Item (10 minutes): Community Member Daveed Kapoor is proposing the Sustainability Committee write a letter of support asking for the addition of a bus stop along the Wilshire 720 Express between Main Street and Soto. Please view a diagram of the proposed new stop here. Committee to discuss next steps. Possible motion: To write a letter of support of the proposed Wilshire 720 Express stop.
7.Discussion on Committee membership (15 minutes). Confirmed list of committee members to date to be reviewed and amended for errors. Declaration of additional membership. Final list to be submitted to Executive Committee at next meeting (typically Thursday before Board of Directors Meeting).
i. Membership will be defined by a voting seat at all Regular Sustainability Committee meetings. Membership is for a one year period (the committee can alter this through a vote at a regular Sustainability Committee meeting).
ii. Attendance is essential and all committee members agree to attend all meetings unless there are circumstances for an excused absence. If you are absent, then please inform the Committee Board Chair (Ashley Zarella) at least 24 hours in advance, if possible. Committee members will reevaluate their members after more than two consecutive absences (excused or unexcused) as participation is key to the work of the Committee. Public alternates are allowed by the approval of the committee. Committee members agree to their names being posted on the Sustainability Committee website/blog (currently: http://downtownsustainability.blogspot.com).
iii. All committee members and community stakeholders are permitted and encouraged to propose agenda items that relate to the 2009 goals and objectives (as approved by the Sustainability Committee in February 2009). If the intent of the agenda item is not directly related to the stated committee goals, the Sustainability Committee should discuss including the proposed agenda item at a regular committee meeting. Proposed agenda items will be listed under the “Next Meeting Proposed Agenda” item on the regular agenda.
8. Budget discussion (30 minutes).
i. 2009 Budget - Remaining Allocations
ii. 2010 Budget - Proposed Budget for upcoming budget
Motion to approve 2010 budget proposals and remaining 2009 allocations.
9. Report on ongoing projects (5 minutes) Status on the 2009 AIA SDAT (Sustainable Design Assessment Team) grant. Status on the “greening the neighborhood council office” initiative.
10. Next Meeting Proposed Agenda (5 minutes).
The public is requested to fill out a “Speaker Card” to address the DLANC SUSTAINABILITY Committee on any item of the agenda prior to the Committee taking action on an item. Comments from the public on agenda items will be heard only when the respective item is being considered. Comments from the public on other matters not appearing on the agenda that is within the Committee’s subject matter jurisdiction will be heard during the public comment period. Public comment is limited to 2 minutes per speaker, unless waived by the presiding officer of the Committee. As a covered entity under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of disability and upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation to ensure equal access to its programs, services, and activities. Sign language interpreters, assistive listening devices, or other auxiliary aids and/or services may be provided upon request. To ensure availability of services, please make your request at least 3 business days (72 hours) prior to the meeting you wish to attend by contacting Committee Board Chair Ashley Zarella at ashley.zarella@DLANC.com.
SI REQUIERE SERVICIOS DE TRADUCCION, FAVOR DE NOTIFICAR A LA OFICINA 3 dias de trabajo (72 horas) ANTES DEL EVENTO. SI NECESITA ASISTENCIA CON ESTA NOTIFICACION, POR FAVOR LLAME A NUESTRA OFICINA AL 323-224-2316.