When: Tuesday, November 4, 2009 6:30pm-7:45pm
Where: Central Public Library, Meeting Room A
MEETING AGENDA SC-16-110309
2. Public Comment on Non-agenda items including community announcements (3 minutes).
Review meeting minutes from the September meeting. Action Item: Approve minutes SC-14-090901 (all meeting attendees - 3 minutes).
3. Review meeting minutes from the October meeting. Action Item: Approve minutes SC-15-091006 (all meeting attendees - 3 minutes).
4. Harlem Place Project community meeting planned. Survey feedback from committee.
Sustainable Community Projects Internship update. Marc Ross is working on an ordinance study for Project 1: Rooftop Container Gardens & Composting.
5. 2009 Project 1 Update: Rooftop Edible & Composting Containers (Dawna Nolan)
6. 2009 Project 2 Update: Tree Planting - Skid Row Pilot (Gunnar Hand) Tree Planting Day was on Saturday, October 24. Thank you to the 65+ volunteers who came out to help. Motion: Sustainability Committee to approve using $500 allocated to Tree Planting Project for tree maintenance.
7. 2009 Projects 3-4 Update: Increase Participation in Cost-Saving Efficiency Programs: Energy, Water and Waste (Corey Prost)
8. 2009 Project 5 Update: Online Toolkit of Existing Resources (Ryan Saucerman). Additional update on progress of Sustainability Committee website. Motion: Sustainability Committee to approve fund allocations for website.
9. 2009 Project 6 Update: Community Greening Strategy & The Sustainable Design Assessment Team (SDAT) Grant (Veronica Siranosian). SDAT visit scheduled for December 2-4.
10. 2009 Project 7 Update: Event and Education Programming & Calendar.
11. 2009 Project 8 Update: Green Living Program (Pamela Tuttle).
12. Agenda items for next meeting?
The public is requested to fill out a "Speaker Card" to address the DLANC SUSTAINABILITY Committee on any item of the agenda prior to the Committee taking action on an item. Comments from the public on agenda items will be heard only when the respective item is being considered. Comments from the public on other matters not appearing on the agenda that is within the Committee's subject matter jurisdiction will be heard during the public comment period. Public comment is limited to 2 minutes per speaker, unless waived by the presiding officer of the Committee. As a covered entity under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of disability and upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation to ensure equal access to its programs, services, and activities. Sign language interpreters, assistive listening devices, or other auxiliary aids and/or services may be provided upon request. To ensure availability of services, please make your request at least 3 business days (72 hours) prior to the meeting you wish to attend by contacting Committee Board Chair Ashley Zarella at ashley.zarella@DLANC.com.
SI REQUIERE SERVICIOS DE TRADUCCION, FAVOR DE NOTIFICAR A LA OFICINA 3 dias de trabajo (72 horas) ANTES DEL EVENTO. SI NECESITA ASISTENCIA CON ESTA NOTIFICACION, POR FAVOR LLAME A NUESTRA OFICINA AL 323-224-2316.