When: Tuesday, December 1, 2009, 6:30-7:50pm
Where: Central Public Library, Meeting Room A (630 W. 5th Street)
Celebrating One Year
MEETING AGENDA SC-17-120109
2. Public Comment on Non-agenda items including community announcements (3 minutes).
3. Review meeting minutes from the November meeting. Action Item: Approve minutes SC-16-091103 (all meeting attendees - 3 minutes).
4. Presentation by Zane Tatum on upcoming Green Block Party to be hosted Downtown on Saturday, December 12. More information about how the Sustainability Committee can get involved and support this effort to be presented. Motion: Sustainability Committee to consider partnering to provide outreach support. (5 minutes)
5. Sustainability Committee Public Vice Chair. Jennifer Regan is tendering her resignation effective immediately. We will be accepting nominations and letters of interest at firstname.lastname@example.org (1 minute)
6. Update: Harlem Place Project community meeting overview. Survey feedback will be online next weekend in a full report on the responses thus far. The Sustainability Committee has been invited to a meeting with CD9 the week of December 7 to present initial feedback and Bren School Project. (3 minutes)
7. ADDED: Big Bellies as a way of controlling litter and managing costs for street clean-up. Motion: Sustainability Committee to write a letter of support for co-support by the DLANC Public Health & Safety Committee.
8. Sustainable Community Projects Internship update. Marc Ross is working on an ordinance study for Project 1: Rooftop Container Gardens & Composting. (3 minutes)
9. The national SDAT (Sustainable Design Assessment Team) professionals will be in town on December 2-4, 2009 to meet with stakeholders and begin the planning process in our community. Sustainability Committee members are invited to participate throughout the process including a dinner on Friday, December 4 before the final public presentation. Please RSVP by December 2. (15 minutes) We still need your help organizing the visit – including venues, community participation, etc. Please contact Ashley Zarella Hand and Veronica Siranosian at email@example.com if you would like to get involved.
10. 2010 Project Discussion. In light of our learnings from the 2009 Projects, we are considering four projects for the next year. Discussion of our committee priorities, which projects can/should be continued, and how we will continue to meet our mission. (45 minutes) Committee mission: The Sustainability Committee is dedicated to empowering the downtown community to create a culture of sustainability. We will work with the community to increase accessibility to existing programs and services through outreach and public education. We will identify and create opportunities for new programming and partnerships to meet our goals for a more livable, affordable, and efficient urban center.
11. Agenda items for next meeting?
The public is requested to fill out a “Speaker Card” to address the DLANC SUSTAINABILITY Committee on any item of the agenda prior to the Committee taking action on an item. Comments from the public on agenda items will be heard only when the respective item is being considered. Comments from the public on other matters not appearing on the agenda that is within the Committee’s subject matter jurisdiction will be heard during the public comment period. Public comment is limited to 2 minutes per speaker, unless waived by the presiding officer of the Committee. As a covered entity under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of disability and upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation to ensure equal access to its programs, services, and activities. Sign language interpreters, assistive listening devices, or other auxiliary aids and/or services may be provided upon request. To ensure availability of services, please make your request at least 3 business days (72 hours) prior to the meeting you wish to attend by contacting Committee Board Chair Ashley Zarella at ashley.zarella@DLANC.com.
SI REQUIERE SERVICIOS DE TRADUCCION, FAVOR DE NOTIFICAR A LA OFICINA 3 dias de trabajo (72 horas) ANTES DEL EVENTO. SI NECESITA ASISTENCIA CON ESTA NOTIFICACION, POR FAVOR LLAME A NUESTRA OFICINA AL 323-224-2316.