Tuesday, July 7, 2009, 6:30-8:00pm
Downtown Los Angeles Neighborhood Council Office - 453 S. Spring St, Suite 1020
MEETING AGENDA SC-12-090707
2. Public Comment on Non-agenda items including community announcements (3 min).
3. Review meeting minutes from the June meeting (5 min). Action Item: Approve minutes SC-11-090602 (all meeting attendees).
4. Stanley Michaels to give update on packaging research. Action Item: Approve
next steps for committee on this issue (10 min).
5. Needs List (7 min): Outreach: update on recent local media coverage and plans for continued community outreach; Research ideas for committee; Ongoing grant research & applications; Internship being considered in support of committee projects; Ongoing list of potential community partners – demonstration of how you can make your suggestions on our website.
6. Letter of support requested by the Los Angeles Convention Center and their application for the Energy Block Grant as provided by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (10 minutes). “These funds, if obtained, will be utilized to enhance the LACC’s environmental stewardship, environmental education, energy conversation, and other environmental programs.” Action item: To discuss committee support of this grant application by writing letter for the LACC.
7. Project update (10 minutes): SDAT Grant – we have agreement on MOU between AIA and City. DONE has reversed its position on fundraising – need to find community partners who can make contribution directly to AIA per recommendation of DONE Gen. Manager BongHwan Kim. Action Item: Approve outreach for SDAT steering committee and community match. List from project team members to be posted on blog by Monday, July 6 at 9:30pm.
8. Project update (5 minutes): Park[ing] Day LA planning to start! Looking for community volunteers and committee participants for planning and event day. This year’s event is on Friday, September 18, 2009. Jennifer Regan and Pamela Tuttle have volunteered to lead this year’s Downtown park.
9. Project Updates including status report, project teams and leadership, and kick-off meeting schedule (35 minutes).
Rooftop Gardens & Composting;
Increase Participation in Energy/Water Saving Programs: Outreach postcard: presentation of concept. Action item: Approve outreach message on water efficiency for 1000 FSC-certified postcards;
Increase Participation in Recycling/Waste Reduction Programs;
Event Calendar: Kick-off meeting for Park[ing] Day planning to be discussed;
Green Living Program;
10. Agenda items for next meeting?
The public is requested to fill out a “Speaker Card” to address the DLANC SUSTAINABILITY Committee on any item of the agenda prior to the Committee taking action on an item. Comments from the public on agenda items will be heard only when the respective item is being considered. Comments from the public on other matters not appearing on the agenda that is within the Committee’s subject matter jurisdiction will be heard during the public comment period. Public comment is limited to 2 minutes per speaker, unless waived by the presiding officer of the Committee. As a covered entity under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of disability and upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation to ensure equal access to its programs, services, and activities. Sign language interpreters, assistive listening devices, or other auxiliary aids and/or services may be provided upon request. To ensure availability of services, please make your request at least 3 business days (72 hours) prior to the meeting you wish to attend by contacting Committee Board Chair Ashley Zarella at ashley.zarella@DLANC.com.
SI REQUIERE SERVICIOS DE TRADUCCION, FAVOR DE NOTIFICAR A LA OFICINA 3 dias de trabajo (72 horas) ANTES DEL EVENTO. SI NECESITA ASISTENCIA CON ESTA NOTIFICACION, POR FAVOR LLAME A NUESTRA OFICINA AL 323-224-2316.