When: Monday, January 19, 2009, 6:30-8:00pm
Where: Ardas Café (418 W. Sixth Street)
MEETING AGENDA SC-05-090119
2. Presentation by the Erik Knutzen, co-author of The Urban Homestead on sustainable urban living. (25 minutes).
3. Public Comment on Non-agenda items including community announcements (5 minutes).
4. Review meeting minutes from the November and December meetings (5 minutes).
- Action Item: Approve minutes (SC-03-081117) for the November 17, 2008 meeting.
- Action Item: Approve minutes (SC-04-081208) for the December 8, 2008 meeting.
5. Report on ongoing projects (5 minutes)
- Status on the SDAT (Sustainable Design Assessment Team).
- Status on the “greening the neighborhood council office” initiative.
6. Proposed committee structure and rules (10 minutes).
7. Discussion and determination of 2009 committee objectives (25 minutes).
- Determine outreach event for February
- Downtown tree planting initiative
8. Request for approval on funds from Sustainability Committee budget (10 minutes).
9. Future agenda items (2 minutes).
- February 16, 2009 meeting will include a presentation by DWP on Solar Energy.
- Outreach programming.
- Approval of committee rules.
The public is requested to fill out a “Speaker Card” to address the DLANC SUSTAINABILITY Committee on any item of the agenda prior to the Committee taking action on an item. Comments from the public on agenda items will be heard only when the respective item is being considered. Comments from the public on other matters not appearing on the agenda that is within the Committee’s subject matter jurisdiction will be heard during the public comment period. Public comment is limited to 2 minutes per speaker, unless waived by the presiding officer of the Committee. As a covered entity under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of disability and upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation to ensure equal access to its programs, services, and activities. Sign language interpreters, assistive listening devices, or other auxiliary aids and/or services may be provided upon request. To ensure availability of services, please make your request at least 3 business days (72 hours) prior to the meeting you wish to attend by contacting Committee Board Chair Ashley Zarella at ashley.zarella@DLANC.com.
SI REQUIERE SERVICIOS DE TRADUCCION, FAVOR DE NOTIFICAR A LA OFICINA 3 dias de trabajo (72 horas) ANTES DEL EVENTO. SI NECESITA ASISTENCIA CON ESTA NOTIFICACION, POR FAVOR LLAME A NUESTRA OFICINA AL 323-224-2316.