1. A presentation by Krista Kline of the Mayor’s Office of Housing & Economic Development provided an overview of the new Green Building program, explaining that the primary incentive was an expedited city review process. There are still many details to be worked out with this program and Ms. Kline offered to return to present the program when there are considerable changes.
2. The proposal for the AIA Communities by Design 2009 SDAT grant application has been submitted and is available on CD upon request. The proposal is also now available online.
3. Motion to approve meeting minutes (SC-01-081020) and (SC-02-081103) and for the October 20, 2008 and November 3, 2008 meetings, respectively, approved.
4. Committee discussed and made a final decision regarding its mission statement. As approved by the committee, the Sustainability Mission is:
The Sustainability Committee is dedicated to empowering the downtown community to create a culture of sustainability.
We will work with the community to increase accessibility to existing programs and services through outreach and public education. We will identify and create opportunities for new programming and partnerships to meet our goals for a more livable, affordable, and efficient urban center.
5. Group discussion on committee goals and objectives to help the Sustainability Committee develop policies and implementation actions. For list of objectives brainstormed – see Appendix A.