Tuesday, December 1, 2009, 6:30-7:50pm
Central Public Library, Meeting Room A
Celebrating One Year
MEETING MINUTES SC-17-120109
2. Motion to approve minutes SC-16-091103 passed.
3. Presentation by Zane Tatum on upcoming Green Block Party and model block on Margo Street. Sustainability Committee moves to support Green Block Party #1.
4. Sustainability Committee Public Vice Chair. Jennifer Regan is tendering her resignation effective immediately.
5. First community meeting on the Harlem Place Project was held in November 2009. Next meeting will be scheduled for February – March 2010.
6. Discussion with DLANC Public Health & Safety Committee about proposal to bring Big Bellies to Downtown to control litter and manage street clean-up costs. More research is necessary for a committee motion.
7. Sustainable Community Projects Internship update. Marc Ross is working on an ordinance study for Project 1: Rooftop Container Gardens & Composting.
8. The national SDAT (Sustainable Design Assessment Team) professionals will be in town on December 2-4, 2009 to meet with stakeholders and begin the planning process in our community.
9. 2010 Project Discussion. Committee to reorganize project structure to accommodate more projects and empower more participation by the broader community. Ideas for projects included: big bellies, gardens, tree planting, Harlem Place Project, green block, stormwater, wireless Internet, and providing the community with resources. Special meeting to be scheduled to continue the conversation.