Where: Downtown Los Angeles Neighborhood Council Office (453 S. Spring Street, Suite 1020)
2. Public Comment on Non-agenda items including community announcements (5 minutes).
3. Review meeting minutes from the April meeting (5 minutes). Action Item: Approve minutes SC-09-090420 (all meeting attendees).
4. Gary Jacoby to present Municipal Green Building Conference and Expo (10 minutes).
5. Project 1 Update: Rooftop Edible and Composting Containers (Dawna Nolan, Project Team Leader) (10 minutes)
6. Project 2 Update: Treeplanting (Gunnar Hand, Project Team Leader) (5 minutes)
7. Project 7 Update: Event and Education Programming (15 minutes) including Earth Day (Green Drinks, LA County National Conversation on Climate Action); Upcoming events (Placemaking Series, Summer Solstice Event); Sign-ups
8. Other Project Updates (20 minutes) including Project 6: SDAT (Sustainable Design Assessment Team) Grant; Projects 3-4: Increase participation in cost-saving efficiency programs and recycling/food waste programs; Project 8: Green Living Program
9. Bren School of the Environment Project Introduction (5 minutes)
10. Goals for next meeting (5 minutes) including Project template drafts to be developed; Outreach events scheduled; Open discussion/suggestions from committee
11. Next Meeting Proposed Agenda Items (5 minutes).
The public is requested to fill out a “Speaker Card” to address the DLANC SUSTAINABILITY Committee on any item of the agenda prior to the Committee taking action on an item. Comments from the public on agenda items will be heard only when the respective item is being considered. Comments from the public on other matters not appearing on the agenda that is within the Committee’s subject matter jurisdiction will be heard during the public comment period. Public comment is limited to 2 minutes per speaker, unless waived by the presiding officer of the Committee. As a covered entity under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of disability and upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation to ensure equal access to its programs, services, and activities. Sign language interpreters, assistive listening devices, or other auxiliary aids and/or services may be provided upon request. To ensure availability of services, please make your request at least 3 business days (72 hours) prior to the meeting you wish to attend by contacting Committee Board Chair Ashley Zarella at ashley.zarella@DLANC.com.
SI REQUIERE SERVICIOS DE TRADUCCION, FAVOR DE NOTIFICAR A LA OFICINA 3 dias de trabajo (72 horas) ANTES DEL EVENTO. SI NECESITA ASISTENCIA CON ESTA NOTIFICACION, POR FAVOR LLAME A NUESTRA OFICINA AL 323-224-2316.