Pending approval at 5/5/2009 meeting.
2. Public Comment on Non-agenda items including community announcements.
3. Minutes (SC-06-090226) for the February 26, 2009 meeting and minutes (SC-07-031609) for the March 16, 2009 meeting approved with amendments (typographical errors corrected).
4. New meeting date determined. Sustainability Committee to meet on the First Tuesday of the Month, Neighborhood Council Office, 453 S. Spring Street, Suite 1020. Our next meeting will be May 5, 2009.
5. Motion approved to write a thank you letter to Ardas Café (Business Director Jon Toktas) for hosting the Sustainability Committee in its infancy.
6. Community Member Daveed Kapoor is proposing the Sustainability Committee support asking for the addition of a bus stop along the Wilshire 720 Express between Main Street and Soto. Please view a diagram of the proposed new stop here. Motion approved to write a letter of support of the proposed Wilshire 720 Express stop.
7. Discussion on Committee membership. Rules amended to more closely reflect the bylaws in accordance with Robert’s Rules of Order. To be submitted to the Board of Directors for approval.
i. Membership will be defined by a voting seat at all Regular Sustainability Committee meetings. Membership is for a one year period (the committee can alter this through a vote at a regular Sustainability Committee meeting).
ii. Attendance is essential and all committee members agree to attend all meetings unless there are circumstances for an excused absence. If you are absent, then please inform the Committee Board Chair (Ashley Zarella) at least 24 hours in advance, if possible. Committee members will reevaluate their members after more than two consecutive absences (excused or unexcused) as participation is key to the work of the Committee. Committee members agree to their names being posted on the Sustainability Committee website/blog (currently: http://downtownsustainability.blogspot.com).
iii. All committee members and community stakeholders are permitted and encouraged to propose agenda items that relate to the 2009 goals and objectives (as approved by the Sustainability Committee in February 2009). If the intent of the agenda item is not directly related to the stated committee goals, the Sustainability Committee should discuss including the proposed agenda item at a regular committee meeting. Proposed agenda items will be listed under the “Next Meeting Proposed Agenda” item on the regular agenda.
8. Motion approved proposed 2009 budget allocations and 2010 budget request.
9. DONE has revised the AIA Agreement for the SDAT grant project and the City Attorney is currently reviewing the MOU.
10. Ashley Zarella presented the SDAT and Park[ing] Day LA to Board of Neighborhood Commissioners.
11. Ashley Zarella will be presenting the SDAT grant at the LA County National Conversations on Climate Change on Earth Day. Everyone is invited to attend. As well, there is a special Green Drinks event at Pharmaka on Earth Day.