Please note the this meeting's location has changed for this month to give the committee a chance to review and discuss the "Greening the Neighborhood Council" initiative.
When: Thursday, February 26, 2009, 6:30-8:00pm
Where: Downtown Los Angeles Neighborhood Council Office
(453 S. Spring Street, Suite 1020)
MEETING AGENDA SC-06-090226
2. Public Comment on Non-agenda items including community announcements (5 min).
3. Nomination of Public Vice Chair of the Sustainability Committee (10 min).
Action Item: To elect Public Chair of the Sustainability Committee for a two-year term ending December 31, 2010.
4. Review meeting minutes from the January meetings (5 minutes).
Action Item: Approve minutes (SC-05-090119) for the January 19, 2009 meeting (all meeting attendees).
5. Discussion on whether the Sustainability Committee should support the measure under consideration by the City Council for an ordinance that would require the inclusion of recycling chutes when new trash chutes are installed. For more information, you can refer to the Council Record here (15 minutes): http://cityclerk.lacity.org/lacityclerkconnect/index.cfm?fa=ccfi.viewrecord&cfnumber=08-0603
Action Item: Approve a letter of support for this measure to be addressed to Councilmembers Jan Perry, Jose Huizar, and Eric Garcetti.
6. Report on ongoing projects (10 minutes)
Status on the 2009 AIA SDAT (Sustainable Design Assessment Team) grant.
Status on the “greening the neighborhood council office” initiative.
Status on our support of the e-Waste recycling event February 28, 2009.
7. Review of Sustainability Committee objectives and projects (30 minutes).
Action item: To approve objectives and projects for 2009.
8. Presentation of Downtown Los Angeles Neighborhood Council purchasing guidelines by Jennifer Regan. The intent is to develop a more sustainable standard for the overall council’s regular business.
Action item: To approve purchasing guidelines to be adopted by the Downtown Los Angeles Neighborhood Council.
The public is requested to fill out a “Speaker Card” to address the DLANC SUSTAINABILITY Committee on any item of the agenda prior to the Committee taking action on an item. Comments from the public on agenda items will be heard only when the respective item is being considered. Comments from the public on other matters not appearing on the agenda that is within the Committee’s subject matter jurisdiction will be heard during the public comment period. Public comment is limited to 2 minutes per speaker, unless waived by the presiding officer of the Committee. As a covered entity under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of disability and upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation to ensure equal access to its programs, services, and activities. Sign language interpreters, assistive listening devices, or other auxiliary aids and/or services may be provided upon request. To ensure availability of services, please make your request at least 3 business days (72 hours) prior to the meeting you wish to attend by contacting Committee Board Chair Ashley Zarella at ashley.zarella@DLANC.com.
SI REQUIERE SERVICIOS DE TRADUCCION, FAVOR DE NOTIFICAR A LA OFICINA 3 dias de trabajo (72 horas) ANTES DEL EVENTO. SI NECESITA ASISTENCIA CON ESTA NOTIFICACION, POR FAVOR LLAME A NUESTRA OFICINA AL 323-224-2316.