DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCIL SUSTAINABILITY COMMITTEE
Committee Board Chair Ashley Zarella, LEED AP, Assoc. AIA • firstname.lastname@example.org • email@example.com
When: Monday, November 17, 2008, 6:30-8:00pm
Where: Ardas Café (418 W. Sixth Street)
2. Presentation by the Mayor’s Office of Housing & Economic Development on the new Green Building program and other work being done to help the committee with our gap/needs assessment (20 minutes).
3. Public Comment on Non-agenda items including community announcements (10 minutes).
4. Review meeting minutes from the first Sustainability Committee meeting on Monday, October 20, 2008 (5 minutes). Action Item: Approve minutes of the October 20, 2008 meeting (all meeting attendees).
5. Overview of the AIA Communities by Design SDAT grant application process including an overview of the November 3, 2008 brainstorming meeting, the final document submitted, and lessons-learned (10 minutes). Action Item: Approve minutes of the November 3, 2008 meeting at Angelus Plaza (meeting participants only). Action Item: Committee to review the SDAT application and consider how this proposal can be useful in the future.
6. Discussion and consideration of the Committee Mission Statement (10 minutes). Action item: Committee to vote to approve statement. Next steps: The committee-approved mission statement will be presented to the Board of Directors at the next meeting (Tuesday, December 9, 6:30pm at the Los Angeles Theater, 615 S. Broadway).
7. Group discussions on committee goals to help the Sustainability Committee develop policies and implementation actions. Two groups to develop a list of brainstorming ideas – we will discuss these in more detail at the next meeting (20 minutes). Compile the initial list of goals as a committee for the upcoming year (2009) (5 minutes).
8. Future agenda items (2 minutes).
i. Happy Holidays – we will not be meeting in December. Our next meeting is Monday, January 19, 2009, 6:30-8:00pm at Ardas Café.
ii. Next meeting’s presenter – Erik Knutzen , co-author of The Urban Homestead, will introduce us to his perspective on more sustainable living in an urban environment. You can read about the book here: http://www.homegrownevolution.com/
iii. Review list of goals for discussion and prioritization.
iv. Committee budget to be presented for approval.
The public is requested to fill out a “Speaker Card” to address the DLANC SUSTAINABILITY Committee on any item of the agenda prior to the Committee taking action on an item. Comments from the public on agenda items will be heard only when the respective item is being considered. Comments from the public on other matters not appearing on the agenda that is within the Committee’s subject matter jurisdiction will be heard during the public comment period. Public comment is limited to 2 minutes per speaker, unless waived by the presiding officer of the Committee. As a covered entity under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of disability and upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation to ensure equal access to its programs, services, and activities. Sign language interpreters, assistive listening devices, or other auxiliary aids and/or services may be provided upon request. To ensure availability of services, please make your request at least 3 business days (72 hours) prior to the meeting you wish to attend by contacting Committee Board Chair Ashley Zarella at ashley.zarella@DLANC.com.
SI REQUIERE SERVICIOS DE TRADUCCION, FAVOR DE NOTIFICAR A LA OFICINA 3 dias de trabajo (72 horas) ANTES DEL EVENTO. SI NECESITA ASISTENCIA CON ESTA NOTIFICACION, POR FAVOR LLAME A NUESTRA OFICINA AL 323-224-2316.